The Douglas Water Authority is a public water system that serves customers in southern Marshall county, north east Blount County and north west Etowah County.
There are several payment options available to our customers.
- Bank Draft – This is an easy, no fee, no hassle option. This option requires that you bring a voided check of the account from which you want to draft to our office. If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch with one of our customer representatives.
- Online Payment – With our online payment system, you can pay your bill online for a fee of $3.25. In addition you can also access more information about your account. See the Online Payment page that is accessible on the top menu of this page for more details.
- Pay by Mail – We always accept bills paid by mail. Please use our mailing address listed below when sending your bill. They are due without penalty by the 12th of each month.
- 24-7 phone payments – We now have a pay by phone option. The number is 1-855-204-0961 and there is a convenience fee of $3.25.
- Payment at Our office – Our customers are always welcome to visit us at our office to make payments or for any other reason. Credit and debit cards are accepted both in the office and drive thru. There is a convenience fee of $2.95 We also have a night drop box for after hours payments. The address to our office is listed below.
RATE ADJUSTMENT BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2019:
The minimum water bill will increase $0.93 (93 cents) for the first 2,000 gallons. Without tax the minimum charge will be $21.00. Customers using over 2000 gallons will pay an additional $0.15 (15 cents) per 1,000 gallons.
DEPOSIT RETURNS APPLIED TO DECEMBER BILLS:
Prior to 1996 Douglas Water Authority customers were required to pay a refundable “deposit” when signing up for water service. The amount was increased over time starting in the early 1970’s ranging from $10 to $50. The Board has made the decision to apply these deposits, crediting the December 2018 bills with the deposit amount held. This will clear Douglas Water Authority of all deposits held and returned to the accounts.
Our office hours and location:
Open Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Mailing Address: PO Box 46, Douglas, Alabama, 35964
Physical Address: 550 Bethlehem Road, Horton, Alabama, 35980
Telephone: 256 593 5010
Fax: 256 593 9893
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org